Do you know of a youngster who needs the Journey of a Lifetime?
Since 1984, JoLt has been organising confidence-building, challenging expeditions for young people (14-21 years old) who are physically, medically, socially or emotionally disadvantaged. As a small, voluntary organisation, we are dedicated to making a positive, lasting difference to those most in need.
For many the journey is a life-transforming event, “jolting” them out of their old lives, helping them to grow in confidence and self-esteem and giving them the ability to take control of their future.
Trustees of JoLt are now preparing for the 2018 expedition across Peru, Ecuador and the Galapagos. Nominations for the trip have now closed and interviews will take place on February 10th 2018 in Harrow for those selected.
The final group will consist of;
- Up to 18 physically, medically, emotionally or socially disadvantaged youngsters from the UK
- Six experienced leaders, including two doctors.
The itinerary may be subject to change but click here to download the itinerary and proposed route.
- Closing date for nominations: 23rd November 2017
- Interviews: 10th February 2018
- Preparatory Weekend: 26th – 27th May 2018
- Departure: 14th July 2018 (provisional)
- Return: 10th August 2018 (provisional)