JoLt 2024 Cambodia and Vietnam
The Trustees of JoLt are delighted to announce the opening of the nominations process for our next trip. The three-week trip will take place in July/August 2024 and will cross Cambodia and Vietnam led by six experienced leaders including two doctors.
On past trips a large proportion of the youngsters we have taken have been nominated by their school, doctor or social worker, supported by parents or guardians. The cost of the trip is met by the Trust, although we do encourage youngsters to do some additional fundraising where possible.
The Trustees are particularly interested in taking youngsters who have one or more of the following disadvantages:
- deafness or hearing difficulties
- blindness or visual impairment
- a chronic medical condition or reduced life expectancies
- physical disabilities which may or may not require a manual wheelchair (unfortunately powered wheelchairs are not suitable for a journey of this type)
- not known normal family life
- experienced neglect and abuse
- are young carers
Below you will find details on the information that you need to send us in order to nominate a young person. Nominations close on November 24th 2023.
Please send TWO COPIES of the following:
- completed nomination form (the original copy and a photocopy). A copy of the Nomination Form can be found here >>>
- letters giving reasons for nomination from each of the two responsible adults supporting this nomination (again the original copy and a photocopy)
- a letter from the young person explaining why they wish to go on the journey (the original copy and a photocopy)
- a signed copy of the Data Protection Form (the original and a photocopy). This allows us to store the details you send us. A copy of the Data Protection Form can be found here >>>
Please note that incomplete documentation may affect the chance of a young person being selected. Write as soon as possible and no later than 24th November 2023 to:
Chair of Trustees
The Journey of a Lifetime Trust
The Old Forge, The Street
Herts WD4 9BH
If you have any questions, please contact the Chair of Trustees by email at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org